Saturday Morning Social Walk – Antelope
September 3 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 am
This is the Saturday MORNING Pack Walk in ANTELOPE.
DESCRIPTION: 🐕 🚶♂️🚶♀️ 🐕 🐕 🚶♀️
* CHECK YOUR MEETUP EVENT prior to leaving home for any important last-minute changes. (You need to have notifications set to ON to receive these automatically. Otherwise, manually check!)
* Arrive early to prewalk/potty your dog and say hi to your host
* Line up by 730AM. Start walking NLT 735AM.
* This meetup is every other week alternating with the packwalk in Lincoln.
WHAT TO BRING:
* Water (it’s not easy to find here)
* Loads of treats (good ones that can compete with squirrels and dog friends)
* Leash trained and mostly quiet dog you can control (we will all have our own dogs and won’t be able to assist you.
* Potty bags
THINGS TO CONSIDER:
* You MUST pick up after your dog.
* Your guests must observe the same rules or they will be asked to leave.
* No SHOCK COLLARS. NO PRONG COLLARS. BE NICE.
* Pack walks are not helpful for dogs who are not leash trained and you may inadvertently make leash manners worse. If this sounds like you, use the bleacher area to practice calm behavior and focus training while the dogs parade around or come back when they are better trained on leash with you in general.
* Dog reactive? Book me and let me set you up with a plan to effectively manage and countercondition this. 916 880 8165 text. Similarly, if your dog barks its head off, book a private session instead.
* If you want to make a donation to our organization, please contact me at the walk or via text : )
✋ READ THESE RULES ✋
* We love all dogs, including pit bulls, chihuahuas, and everything in between! We love the pure bred and we love the mutts. We love the blockheads and the yappers, the furballs, the spicy nuggets, the small fries, the excitable, the jumpy, the unsure, the over the top happy…the one you call Friend. We do not allow breed, size or any other type of discrimination. ❤
* Practice safe six from other dogs. Only introduce your dog when it’s okay with other owners. No sneak up butt sniffs.
* Respect your fellow dog handlers and keep your opinions regarding vaccines, politics, and covid to yourself. Dogs do not care about these things and I do not care to host events where these things are discussed. Take it somewhere else pretty please!
* Overly vocal dogs need more one on one training. Read the narrative above.
* Don’t let your dogs stare at or otherwise antagonize other dog teams. No one appreciates being stared at.
* No aggressive dogs or people 😠
* No shock, pinch, prong, plastic pinch, or choke-chain type collars. No Ilusion or Cesar Milan collars. No tab leashes.
* Leashes must be no less than 4 feet, no more than 6 feet. NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES (Susan, I mean you! lol)
Waiver: By participating in this walk, you release Canines With a Cause and its officers, agents, volunteers, and representatives from liability for any injury that you or your dog may sustain, including injuries caused by negligence.